Our Magnificent 9

Our Magnificent 9
August 2024

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Great Grandpa Severino Alcala


The man on the right is my Grandpa Severino Alcala.
This photo was just posted on Facebook by my cousin, Reva Ricafort Bornales,
and shows my Grandpa with his brother.
The caption reads:  "ALCALA BROS REUNITED
after 47 years of separation"

I'm curious about their story... Why were they separated in 1929?
(That was a year before my Mom, your GGMarge, was born...)
How were they separated? Did they have a falling out?

I first met my Grandpa when I was just a few months old.
My parents took me to Mindanao to meet them.
Then, in 1984, I was able to introduce my Grandpa
to Ashley and Justin.


It still makes me smile to remember how happy my Grandpa was to meet his
first two great-grandchildren!! It would, however, be the last time I would see him...

Someday, I will see my Grandpa and Grandma face to face in heaven!
I am looking forward to that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment