Mag9

Mag9
December 2023

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

i know that you know your Oma's nuts sometimes...


A few weeks before your A'po and I left for Palawan, I was running around to all the Goodwill and Thrift stores in the area hoping to find at least ONE paper towel holder. i didn't want to buy one because i thought i could find one for a dollar or two at one of the stores where your A'po loves to shop.
Unfortunately, i could not find even ONE anywhere and i was really disappointed that i was leaving the States without a paper towel holder...
Imagine my surprise, however, when we started opening the boxes we had shipped to Palawan from Cebu back in 2014 when i found NOT one, but TWO paper towel holders!! and, both of them are from my Princess House collection!!!
i could almost imagine God saying, "You silly, silly child!! You forgot about these two paper towel holders, but I hadn't!!"
this might seem minor in the whole scheme of life, but this just goes to show that God cares about the tiny little details of our lives!! even paper towel holders...


so.... the same thing happened with BATH TOWELS!!!
when we left for Cebu and Palawan, i had packed one towel each for your A'po and me to use while we were traveling. there were 2 other sets of towels being shipped over from San Dimas, but they were not scheduled to arrive in Brooke's Point until October.
SO.... i started worrying about TOWELS!!! i couldn't imagine having only 1 towel for each of us to use until the other ones arrived!! i even went out and bought myself a cheap towel from Unitop, the local store here in Brooke's, even though the quality was really not up to par with the towels we're used to in the States...
But, God surprised me with SO MANY BATH TOWELS once we started opening up our boxes!!! we now have more than enough between your A'po and me and, even better, they're BATH SHEETS so they're really big!!! i had totally forgotten that, 10 years ago, i had brought all these towels with me to Cebu and then used them as padding for my crystal when we were packing up our lives in 2014.
i'm sure God had a nice laugh when He saw me pulling out all these towels. He was probably shaking his head and saying, "Silly Sharon! you worried for nothing!!!"
So, when you guys come to visit us, you can be confident that we will NOT run out of towels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment