Mag9

Mag9
December 2023

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

this no longer applies to me, so this is for the 2 mothers of my 3 grandsons...

TO MY SON’S FUTURE WIFE*
It is hard, so hard, to imagine a day where I will not be the moon, the sun and the sky to my little man.
When he is sad, he calls for me.
When he is scared, it’s me he wants.
When he feels excited, I am the one he rushes to tell first. I am the keeper of his secrets, the finder of anything which is lost and the solver of any known problem in his little world.
I am his everything and he is mine.
One day, you will have the pleasure of being his everything.
One day it will be you that he comes to, and that is, of course, the way it should be. But I wonder if you will ever think of me sometimes, perhaps let me be the first to share some good news with you – or allow me the honour of pulling you both out of some trouble life may throw at you.
I will be waiting, ready and willing.
I will not meddle or fuss or pull you in opposite directions I promise you that, and should you be blessed with children of your own, there will be no one, no one on this earth who will love them more than I. The bond between a mother and a son is divine, this much is true, but I wish for him the very same bond with you. And I pray the circle of love goes on and on and on, much further than me. After all, that is what I brought him up to do. Love.

Donna Ashworth
From ‘to the women’ #mumtoboys #boymum #mum #parenting

*original word used was PARTNER which is too woke for me

No comments:

Post a Comment