Mag9

Mag9
December 2023

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Random info about me...

this was first posted in my plantobesurprisedbygod blog in February 2009...
  1. I was born in Cebu's Community Hospital.
  2. At the age of 6, our family moved to Manila where my parents taught @ FEBIAS College of Bible.
  3. At the age of 10, our family went to the States so my parents could study at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL.
  4. in 1974, I was back in Deerfield, IL to study @ Trinity College (now International University).
  5. Our family traveled between the Philippines and the US via the American President Lines: in 1965 (Manila to Oakland, CA on President Wilson) and in 1969 (Oakland, CA to Manila on President Cleveland)
  6. At 17, i was made to choose between my then-boyfriend (who became my husband anyway!) and studying in the States: i chose the States!
  7. Began playing the piano at the age of 6; was accompanying worship service @ age 10
  8. Directed my first adult choir at the age of 17 (Caloocan Bible Church) when our choir director, Mr Haglund, went back to the States on furlough
  9. Became a MADS "sappy sophomore soprano" in 1972, along with Yvonne Cadd, Angela Simpson, Leah Eaton & Debbie Marocco
  10. Favorite country during MADS' 1974 tour: GREECE
  11. County I would most love to visit with my husband, kids & grandkids: IRELAND
  12. Because of my rough freshman year at Trinity, my father resigned as President of FEBIAS College of Bible so that he and my mom could be with my siblings and me as we studied in the States. Many years later, dan and i did the same thing -- in reverse: we stayed in the states until all our children had graduated and were doing OK on their own
  13. Majored in Psychology @ Trinity
  14. During my senior year @ Trinity, a visiting professor of Telecommunications suggested that I pursue Communications and work for him @ NBC-Chicago. I was so tired from studying that I said "no." Definitely one of my "regrets"
  15. Married in Baguio City
  16. From 1982 to 1988, traveled every January to the US to stay for 1 month in order to retain green card status
  17. Was a newscaster for DZFE & DZAS (Manila) in the mid to late 1980's
  18. Was the late night news anchor @ GMA-Channel 7 in Manila, paired with Jimmy Gil; after only 3 weeks at GMA, i was assigned to take Tina Monzon-Palma's place for 1 week doing primetime news while she was on assignment in China
  19. Responsible for developing the FDA (Funds Disbursement Authorization) program at Kaiser Permanente, a project given to me by my boss, Ben Rojas, the Asst Regional Controller for Kaiser-Southern CA. Kaiser is still using the process!!
  20. Became a US citizen in 2007, 33 years after receiving my green card!
  21. Asked to write the foreword to my friend Victoria Darragh's 2nd book on Healing for the Broken-hearted
  22. Knows that I am what I am by the grace of God and that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
  23. Am thankful for lifelong friends (more than 30 years!), including Yvonne Cadd Everly, Angela Simpson Leuice, Leah Eaton Humphreys, Ali Aguarino, Em Perez, Lynette Tackett Wortham, Ruth Geisler Kostreva, Abe Navarette, among others
  24. Am eternally grateful to God for the precious gifts of my husband, Dan; my children, Ashley, Justin & Erin; my grandkids, Josiah, Keilah, Jonah (still in the womb) and our 4th (still in the womb & sex still unknown)!!
  25. Am extremely thankful that my parents are still around to see and enjoy their great grandkids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment